- Do we need a fishing permit?
- What do we need to bring on our charter fishing trip?
- Is there a guarantee that we will catch fish?
- Will we be able to keep the fish we catch?
- Are fish cleaning services available?
- What is the customary tip for the mate?
- Can we buy beer the morning of our trip?
- What is the cancellation policy?
What is the customary tip for the mate?
A: Mates are the hardest working guy on a fishing charter and depend on tips to augment their income. As a general rule please tip like you would in a restaurant 15% - 20% of the charter price. Consider more or less depending on the service you received.